The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (8 GB) is the latest product in the latest version within the Raspberry Pi range. The minicomputer offers improvements in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory and connectivity compared to the previous generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +, while maintaining backwards compatibility and comparable power consumption. For the end user, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B offers desktop performance comparable to entry-level x86 PC systems.
The main features of this board are the powerful 64-bit quad-core processor, dual display support with resolutions up to 4K via 2 micro-HDMI ports, hardware video decoding up to 4Kp60, 8GB RAM, dual band 2.4 / 5 .0 GHz wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 and PoE capabilities (via a separate PoE HAT add-on). The dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth have a modular conformity certification, which allows the board to be designed into finished products with significantly less conformity testing.
- Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 8GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz IEEE 802.11b / g / n / ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- True Gigabit Ethernet
- 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Fully backwards compatible 40-pin GPIO header
- 2x Micro HDMI ports which support a resolution up to 4K at 60Hz
- 2-channel MIPI DSI / CSI ports for camera and display
- 4-channel stereo audio and composite video port
- MicroSD card slot for the OS and storage
- 5.1V, 3A via USB-C or GPIO
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) suitable (with optional PoE HAT)