Mini GSM/GPRS module
SIM800L is a miniature cellular module which allows for GPRS transmission, sending and receiving SMS and making and receiving voice calls. Low cost and small footprint and quad band frequency support make this module perfect solution for any project that require long range connectivity. After connecting power module boots up, searches for cellular network and login automatically. On board LED displays connection state (no network coverage – fast blinking, logged in – slow blinking).
NOTICE: Be prepared to handle huge power consumption with peek up to 2A. Maximum voltage on UART in this module is 2.8V. Higher voltage will kill the module.
This module have one antenna included. It is made of wire (which solders directly to NET pin on PCB) – very useful in narrow places. Module has IPX connector to attach external antenna.
- Supply voltage: 3.8V – 4.2V
- Recommended supply voltage: 4V
- Power consumption:
- sleep mode < 2.0mA
- idle mode < 7.0mA
- GSM transmission (avg): 350 mA
- GSM transmission (peek): 2000mA
- Module size: 25 x 23 mm
- Interface: UART (max. 2.8V) and AT commands
- SIM card socket: microSIM (bottom side)
- Supported frequencies: Quad Band (850 / 950 / 1800 /1900 MHz)
- Antenna connector: IPX
- Status signaling: LED
- Working temperature range: -40 do + 85 ° C
- SIM800L module
- gold pin headers
- wire antenna
Pinout (bottom side – left):
- RING (not marked on PBC, first from top, square) – LOW state while receiving call
- DTR – sleep mode. Default in HIGH state (module in sleep mode, serial communication disabled). After setting it in LOW the module will wake up.
- MICP, MICN – microphone (P + / N -)
- SPKP, SPKN – speaker (P + / N -)
Pinout (bottom side – right):
- NET – antenna
- VCC – supply voltage
- RESET – reset
- RXD – serial communication
- TXD – serial communication
- GND – ground